Today, smartphones have become an indispensable part of our lives. With the help of technology and the internet, we can complete many daily tasks, solve many issues, communicate with our loved ones, buy or sell something, and many more. Thus, you all need an efficient smartphone with us. Among good and efficient smartphones, iPhones are the best ones, and hence, many people wish to have these models.
However, due to the high price of the iPhones, many people cannot afford to buy one. Though they cannot afford to buy one, there are many government-assisted and non-government programs that can help them to get one with ease. Some of those programs are free iPhones when you switch, free iPhones with EBB program, etc. Now, there is another popular program called Free iPhone with no contract that can help you to get an iPhone with ease. So, let us discuss the eligibility criteria and requirements to avail of this offer.
What is a ‘No Contract’ phone plan?
A no-contract phone plan is a specific cell phone plan that doesn’t require the user to remain committed to the brand for beyond month-to-month or even several years. There are many companies that are offering plans that can ditch traditional two-year commitments in favor of monthly or prepaid plans. Thus, users don’t have to pay an additional fee for breaking a contract.
There are many famous carriers that are offering many of the benefits of a traditional phone plan at a very minimum cost, with no contract facility. One of them is a service called “Visible” offered by Verizon, which offers no-contract plans with unlimited data starting at $30 per month.
Moreover, there are many other providers that provide cheaper or smaller plans, though these may range from carrier-like services, like third-party VNOs that are mainly pre-purchase network access for their users to use.
Features of the ‘No Contract’ phone plans
Usually, the features of the no contract phone plans vary according to the plan. Several no-contract plans remain competitive with traditional two-year phone plans; however, have a few places where they can be different from the traditional plans:
- No hidden fees: If you sign up for a two-year agreement for $50 a month, you may find that your phone bill is closer to $80 per month. Your phone bill, similar to your internet or cable bill, can have some other charges hidden under that inflated price, like taxes, smartphone fees, or even ‘other charges. No-contract plans bring those fees into the initial offer, so if you use a plan of $30 a month, you will need to pay just that.
- Data: A lot of two-year contracts provide unlimited text, talk, and data as part of their basic packages. However, when it comes to no contract plans, very few offer unlimited data as part of their deal. If you use your phone for emailing, texting, web surfing, etc., then you might not need an unlimited data plan. So, you must figure out how to choose the perfect data plan according to your budget by finding out how much data you use up every month. To find out the exact amount, you can find an online data calculator that can estimate your total data usage.
- Full coverage: As most no-contract plans are offered by big companies, you can enjoy access to full coverage of those reliable networks.
- Bring your own device: A few no-contract plans need users to buy a special phone directly from them, while others may allow you to bring your own device, saving you a good amount of money and the hassle of transferring your data and apps.
- No credit check: No contract and prepaid plans generally don’t need credit checks, while a lot of conventional phone plans do. As you are paying for services prior to they are rendered, prepaid plans don’t need the credit requirement. This makes a lucrative option for those who don’t have the best scores.
Comparison between free iPhone with food stamp and free iPhone with no Contract
The offer of free iPhone with food stamps is a government-assisted program that offers free iPhones to those individuals who take part in the food stamp program. Thus, it can help low-income individuals or families. In contrast, a free iPhone with no contract plan is a specific phone plan offered by some well-known and big companies where users can enjoy a perfect cell phone plan that doesn’t need any commitment of the user for several years.
Top iPhones for sale without contract
There are many interesting iPhone deals from which you can easily choose one if you don’t want to wait for the qualification period. Such as:
A great option is iPhone 8, which costs about $239.99 but may be leased for just $9.99 per month. This model is packed with some exciting features that may be used for remote work and entertainment.
The convenience of a Touch ID button enables simple and quick app navigation and unlocking. Also, the glass of this model is one of the most robust glasses on the market as it has steel and aluminum frames; thus, it is extremely resistant to damage from daily wear and tear.
Moreover, this model has an IP67 standard and hence, is protected from liquids and dust. Also, this model has 2 GB of RAM, a 12-megapixel back camera, a 7-megapixel front camera and an A11 processor.
Verizon offers a brand-new iPhone SE for only $5, and is a very attractive deal. This model has a 4.7-inch Retina HD display and IP67 dust and water resistance. Also, this model has a fingerprint scanner and a 12-megapixel single-lens back camera and even uses Haptic Touch. It can serve as a powerful multitasking machine, along with 3 GB of RAM and an A13 Bionic chip.
A similar offer is available at Sprint, where you can enjoy the deal by paying a minimum of $5 per month.
iPhone XS Max
Sprint has offered iPhone XS Max with a minimum cost of just $10 per month. You can receive a similar benefit from AT&T as well.
iPhone XS Max comes with the biggest display, dual camera, speedier Face ID, etc. Also, this attractive model supports fast charging and wireless charging.
The phone has two cameras of 12-megapixel and an IP68 rating, which makes it water and dust resistant.
Sprint is offering one of the best promotions on iPhone 11. However, you need to trade in an eligible smartphone to become eligible for the deal offered by Sprint, which is $0 per month on iPhone 11.
The phone comes with support for Haptic Touch, a 6.1-inch display, and compatibility with rapid charging that can charge your device 50% in just 30 minutes.
Know about the free iPhones from the government
If you prove to be qualified for the Lifeline Assistance program, the government can offer you iPhones for free or you can get a free iPhone with no contract with ease. Under this program, you can not only get a free iPhone with no contract but can also enjoy reduced monthly phone bills, including some other benefits of a free iPhone with no contract. If you are already registered in at least one of the below-mentioned government assistance programs, you can apply for a free iPhone with no contract:
- SNAP or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations or FDPIR.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Head Start.
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Supplemental Security Income Program.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Program.
However, if you don’t qualify for any of these programs but your family income is at or even below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you can be eligible for this scheme.
Moreover, you will be eligible for free internet service just by investing $30 per month.
If you are a part of the Lifeline program, you may get one from the following providers:
Cintex Wireless is one of the most famous Lifelines and ACP program providers. It offers needy families free wireless service per month, along with free talk, data, text, and also free government iPhones. However, the two main determiners of receiving the Cintex Wireless iphones are availability and location.
QLink Wireless is another reliable company that offers cutting-edge solutions to its users. With the help of this provider, you can get a free iPhone with no contract.
FeelSafe Wireless is another reliable service provider that offers free iPhones to its eligible customers under ACP and Lifeline programs. So, people with low incomes can stay in touch with their loved ones and access essential services.
Access Wireless offers free phones to needy families who apply for the Lifeline program. Under this program, users can get free calling, and data facilities, along with other additional perks.
TruConnect is another service provider that takes part in the federally funded Affordable Connectivity Programs and Lifeline Programs. Also, the company offers free smartphone and internet service to eligible candidates.
Know about some free iPhones when you switch
If you sign up for any one of the plans offered by the above-mentioned service providers, you can get a free iPhone when you switch. However, these iPhones have a few strings attached. If you choose a new service provider, you won’t need to pay for the device but will need to sign a contract that will be able to cover bills for the agreement’s duration.
Those deals can involve-
- Receiving a brand-new iPhone by exchanging your old phone.
- Switching from your current carrier to the one providing the free iPhone.
- Most expenses of an iPhone may be paid off by spreading out the expenses across some monthly instalments with most of the service providers. According to the price of the device, these contracts can last anywhere from just 12 to 36 months.
- Signing up for the unlimited plan of the service provider.
There are several promotions offered by carriers to eligible customers get free cell phones. However, only a few carriers can offer a free iPhone to them.
Verizon is one of the most popular and greatest option to get a free iPhone with no contract when you switch networks.
AT&T is one of those major networks that will allow users to take advantage of their attractive promotions and rates.
The company offers iPhone SE and XR to its users. The users just have to choose Cricket Wireless while switching.
So, just by fulfilling all the eligibility criteria and submitting all important documents, you can easily get a free iPhone with no contract. However, you must choose one of the reliable carriers or companies mentioned in the article.
What is the meaning of “no contract” fee?
A no contract fee means the users will not have to commit to the brand for several years or months. There are many companies that offer free smartphones to customers without any contract fee.
Is it worth getting an iPhone with no contract?
iPhones with no contract can offer unlimited data, text, talk minutes, and full coverage in your region. So, it is always worth it to opt for a free iPhone with no contract.
Are free phones really available from the government that comes with the ‘no contract’ plan?
Yes, there are many attractive models of iPhones that are available for users under the government programs, along with the no contract plan. However, the users have to be eligible for the program and must submit the required documents with their application.