How to Grants for Stay At Home Moms In this article you will find some of the useful Grants for Stay At Home Moms. As we know being a woman and mother is always difficult as you have a lot of responsibilities towards your family and children. A woman goes through different phases of their life and coping with changes is not always easy. The positive thing is that the world is moving towards gender equality, however there are many women that face the backlash from society for being a woman.
A woman is thrown out of college or not given the opportunity to study, thus it hinders the progress of women in the society. They are not given the full independence to lead their life and fulfill their own desire. But you don’t have to worry anymore as there are many organizations that are offering educational grants for women and mothers to continue their education. In this article we will show some of the useful grants for stay at home moms that are provided by very reputed and well known organizations.
- 1 Grants for Stay At Home Moms offered by well known Organizations
- 1.1 Go, Girl ! Grant
- 1.2 PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant
- 1.3 Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
- 1.4 Women’s Independent Scholarship Program
- 1.5 Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award – Education Foundation for Low-Income Women and Children
- 1.6 Society of Women Engineers Scholarship
- 2 Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Grants for Stay At Home Moms offered by well known Organizations
Here we have listed some of the well known organizations that have come forward to help the people with educational grants and financial assistance to pursue education. The organization also helps you to build your skills and get employed. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and check them right now.
Go, Girl ! Grant
Go Girl Grant is an education grant for women that is run by the Girlfriend Factor Organization. The main aim of the organization is to help the stay at home moms by offering them scholarship programs to continue their education. The organization supports women and focuses on empowering the women in the society. The organization has provided help to more than 146 local women paying a sum of $500,000 in grants. The grants have helped the women to pursue their four year educational degrees or certifications.
Colleges like California Desert Trial Academy, Loma Linda School of Dentistry, International School of Beauty, Brandman University, CSUSB and College of the Desert have offered help to many women out there. If you have submitted your application just be informed that Go Girl Grants are reviewed and processed in the months of January and July and you must submit your application before 15th December or 15th June. However, if you fail to submit before the stated date your application will be forwarded to the next processing period.
Eligibility Requirements to qualify for Go, Girl ! Grant
There are mainly seven eligible criteria to qualify for this grant and are stated below:
- You must 25 years or more
- You must be residing and go to school in Coachella Valley (CA)
- You must be applying for the financial aid program using the Free Application For Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
- You must enroll yourself in school, minimum two classes.
- You must be working to get a occupation certification or a undergraduate degree
- You must be able to prove your determination and ability to reach the desired goals.
- You must explain how your educational path can meet your employment goal.
Application Procedure for Go, Girl ! Grants
After you fulfill all the eligibility criteria, it is time to know the overall application procedure.
First Step: At the beginning you have to print the application form and fill in the grant application.
Second Step: In the next step you have to provide information about the course you want to continue and the cost associated with it.
Third Step: Along with the provided information you have to submit 3 references.
Fourth Step: You must be ready to face a personal interview with them and able to explain to them about your desire and goals.
How to contact them ?
You can send your application in the below address that is provided or can visit them for further assistance.
The Girlfriend Factor
77734 Country Club Dr. #E
Palm Desert, CA 92211
PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant
The PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant has helped women to complete their educational degree or certification program. However, you must know that it is a one time grant for women and will help you to improve your skills and get employed. The PEO program has been introduced to help stay at home moms and other women to complete their academic courses as well as technical courses. You can also opt for online programs that are offered by institutions in Canada and the United States. However, you should understand these grants cannot be used for living expenses or to pay other educational loans.
If you are a legal permanent resident of Canada or the United States or women citizens, you can apply for this program. You can get a maximum of $3,000 grant from the PEO program. The grant is directly transferred to the recipient’s bank account through this program. The PCE grants covers all the educational aid that includes Tuition fees, Childcare (only in class or studying), Transportation, Books, Graduation fees, equipment, uniforms and other necessary things required for studying.
Eligibility Criteria to qualify for PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant
Any woman can be eligible for PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant if she qualifies the criteria that are listed below:
- She must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Canada or the United States
- She must be living in Canada or the US for the entire course of study.
- She must be a non-student for a consecutive 24 months in her adult life.
- She must be enrolled for the certification or degree program from an accredited institution.
- She must be within 18 consecutive months of completing the entire course study that will lead to job opportunities.
How to apply for the PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant?
After you match the listed eligibility criteria you can apply for the program in the official website of PEO Program for Continuing Education. It is a simple procedure and you just have to fill and submit the Information Form for a Potential PCE Candidate Seeking Chapter Sponsorship.
How to contact the PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant?
You can simply contact them in the given address and the telephone and fax number that is provided below.
Address: P.E.O. International Headquarters,3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50312.
Telephone number: 515-255-3153
Fax Number: 515-255-3820
Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
The Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund is also referred to as JRF. By the name you can understand clearly that they offer scholarship programs and financial support to the women that have low income and are more than 34 years old. The main aim of the program is to build the lives of women by providing them with higher education. The vision is to empower the women by offering them the chance to educate themselves.
The Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund was started by Jeannette Ranking who was a social and racial justice advocate. Her main aim was to provide the women with financial support that will help in embracing equity and diversity. The program has helped almost 3 million women as counted at the end of the year 2019. It is a national organization that offers assistance to all women that are older than 34 years. The scholarship that is provided under this program can be renewed for up to 5 years and the funds are directly transferred to the bank account of the recipient.
Eligibility Requirements For Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
There are mainly five eligibility requirements that are needed to qualify for this program and are listed below.
- You must be 35 years old or more
- You must have low-income
- You must a citizen or resident of the United States
- You must enrolled yourself in a accredited institution (Non-Profit)
- You must pursue a vocational or technical education, first bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree.
How to contact JRF?
You can contact JRF on the address, telephone number or email that is provided below.
Address: 1 Huntington Road, Suite 701, Athens, GA 30606
Women’s Independent Scholarship Program
The Women’s Independence Scholarship Program offers financial assistance to the women to pursue higher education. The main aim of the program is to empower the women that are living in the society. By hearing the name you can understand what this program is about. They believe that education is powerful and it helps the women to live independently rather than depending on someone.
Education will always open more opportunities and the main focus of this program is to help the women survivors that are victims of partner abuse. Education will help them to get employment and then they can live their independent life. The target of this program are the women that are victims of domestic violence and they will prioritize single mothers with children. The program offers scholarships from $500 to 2000$ each semester and you can submit your new application on the monthly of January, 2022.
Eligibility Requirement for New Applicant
There are few eligibility requirements to qualify for the program and are listed below.
- Must be a female survivor of intimate partner abuse
- Must have a plan or goal to pursue education that will lead to employment
- Having a strong urge and desire to complete education
- If sought services from non-profit organizations that provide help to survivors of intimate partner abuse for a minimum of 6 consecutive months. However, the agency is willing to act as a sponsor to fund the education expense.
- Must explain the critical need for the funds
- Must be a legal citizen of the United States, immigration status that makes her eligible for FAFSA, and current physical resident of the U.S
- Must be physically separated from the abuser for at least 1 year but no more than 7 years.
How to contact ?
You can contact them at 4900 Randall Parkway Suite H Wilmington, NC 28403 or call at 910.397.7742.
Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award – Education Foundation for Low-Income Women and Children
The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award was founded by Patsy Mink, the main aim was to offer educational access, equity for low income women and opportunities. The award was started in 2003 and carried the legacy of Patsy Mink. The organization has helped many low income mothers by offering them more than $50000 to complete their education.
Eligibility Requirements for Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award
The eligibility requirements that are needed to qualify for the program. The criteria have been listed below.
- The woman must be 17 years old or more
- Must have low income (less than $20,000 for a family of two, less than $24,000 for a family of three and less than $28,000 for a family of four
- Mother, with minor child
- Must be pursuing vocational or technical degree, bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree
- Enrolled in non profit accredited institution in the United States
Society of Women Engineers Scholarship
From the name you can identify that it offers financial support to the women that are studying engineering subjects such as computer science, engineering technology and many others in graduate programs, baccalaureate and community college.
The Society of Women Engineers Scholarship has awarded more than 260 new and renewed scholarship programs. They have offered a total sum of $1,000,000 in the year 2020. However, the scholarship program is awarded in the month of May for junior, senior and graduate students. They award the freshman students in the month of July. You can fill up the application in the month of March 1, 2022 to May 1, 2022.
Eligibility Criteria to Qualify for the program
- You must be a female
- Your transcripts must be in English
- You must not be fully funded for tution, books and fees
- You must be planning to pursue the educational program completely
- The undergraduate and community college applicants must be planning to study in an ABET- accredited program in technology, engineering and so on.
- Must be enrolled for Phd or masters in accredited programs in engineering, technology and so on.
How to apply for the SWE Scholarship Program?
There are mainly five steps to apply for the SWE Scholarship Program that are listed below.
Step 1: If you meet the above eligibility criteria you can Register Now page of SWE.
Step 2: Then you have to login your account with username and password
Step 3: After that you have to fill all the profile information
Step 4: Check your email for the confirmation mail.
Step 5: Then you have to fill the next step in the form and confirm your application.
Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award
Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award is an educational grant that is offered to the women in the society with financial support. The main focus of the program is to help women to improve their education that will help them to get job opportunities. “ Live Your Dreams” award has helped many women to pursue their education.
The program has distributed more than $2.8 million for education to almost 1,700 women all around the world. The mainly prioritize women that have been through sexual assault, trafficking, domestics violence, drug and alcohol addiction, teen pregnancy and so on. The recipients are awarded approximately from $1,000 to $16,000 for education, however it is seen that the club recipients receive an average of $1,000 from Soroptimist Club. Moreover, the region level recipients get a fund varying from $3,000 to $5,000, and the international finalist is awarded a reward of 10,000 dollars
Eligibility requirements for Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award
A woman is eligible for the award if she matches the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Has financial urgency
- Do not have a graduation degree
- Is not a Soroptimist member or employee.
- Must be motivated to achieve her desire and dreams
- Provide primary financial support to her and other family members.
- Has enrolled in for a certification program or degree program
- Must not be a previous recipient of Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award
- Must be residing in one of the Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Guam, Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Perú, Argentina, Paraguay, Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, United States of America, Northern Mariana Island, Japan, Peru, Palau, Brazil, Chile, Canada)
How to contact the Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award?
You can contact the Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award on the provided address, telephone, email or fax.
Address: 1709 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6103
I hope this article has been very helpful in providing you all the necessary information on Grants for Stay At Home Moms. It is always difficult to study and manage your child at the same time and it is not a cake walk. Women can be more independent by completing their education degree that will help them to seek more job opportunities. There are many non-profit organizations and government organizations that are offering Grants for Stay At Home Moms. There are some lists of programs like Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award, Society of Women Engineers Scholarship, Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award, Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund, PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant and Go, Girl ! Grant. The eligibility criteria have also been discussed to qualify for this program. If you are a Stay At Home Mom then I bet this article will be very helpful to you and if you are not then you can share this with a Stay at home mom you know.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any grants for Stay at home moms?
Yes absolutely. There are many grants for Stay at Home Moms that helps them with financial assistance for education.
What are the programs that offer grants to women?
There are many programs like Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award, Society of Women Engineers Scholarship, Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award and many more that offer grants to women.
Is there any eligibility criteria?
Yes absolutely. There are some eligibility criteria you need to fulfill to qualify for these grants.