How to Win the Burger King Scholarship – Many different types of scholarships are available. To know more about different kinds of scholarship and college grants you can also check the buchananreform and know about different kinds of scholarships. Today in this guide, you will know everything about burger king scholarship and what are the requirements, criteria, etc. But be it any scholarship application whether burger king scholarship or Fulbright scholarship or Hispanic scholarship fund, one thing is obvious that you have to make a winning application. Your application should be excellent one, so that the scholarship committee choses you for the scholarship based on your application. So, continue reading to know more about burger king scholarship.
The burger king scholarship was founded in the year 2000. Since then it has awarded more than 38,000 students the scholarship of somewhere around $44 million in scholarship. If you want to fill the application today then you can do that also, which is even better. If you want to take out any kind of college grants or students loan, then you can check buchananreform to know more about it.
In this guide, all the information is covered regarding the burger king scholarship, so that you don’t miss any details and your chance of winning the scholarship. The topics that is covered in this guide are as follows –
- How much Burger King scholarships are worth
- Who is eligible to apply for Burger King scholarships
- What documents you need to complete the application
- Important dates like when the application opens and closes
- Tips for putting together a competitive application
Apart from that, if you would like to get any other scholarships or want more than one, then you should look into buchananreform, which is the worlds no.1 application where 100s and 1000s of dollars scholarship is available that is based on the students interest, traits and also their activities. Give it a try today with a 100% free trial!
Now, let us take a look at burger king scholarship and get quick overview –
What is the Burger King Scholarship?
Burger King Scholar’s program offers the students the burger king scholarships. The co-founder of burger king scholarship is James W. McLamore. He always encouraged the students to have integrity, high standards, good citizenship, entrepreneurial spirit, and zeal for education. The students who win the burger king scholarship, they can use their award money to pay for the tuition fee, or study material at accredited 2/4 years colleges or universities in the Puerto Rico, Canada, and the United States.
How much are Burger King Scholarships Worth?
The scholarship amount ranges from $1000 to $50,000. The maximum students who are chosen for this scholarship they receive $1000 scholarship. Apart from this, every year the burger king scholarship programs also awards the following –
- The students who are most highly qualified and those who have the leadership skills, substantial work experience, and financial need are given up to 3 James W. McLamore WHOPPER® scholarships of $50,000.
- The 2 most qualified employees in each of six regions those are eligible and complete applicants they get up to 12 regional awards of $5,000 which is granted to the 2 of the most qualified.
- The most eligible employee from the aligned US Restaurants is granted 1 Steven M. Lewis Foundation award of $5,000.
- The eligible LLC employees aligned to Bravokilo Inc. or Bravotampa, LLC and those who are most qualified are granted up to 4 Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC awards of $5,000.
- The most qualified Ghai management eligible employee who is aligned to Ghai management receives up to 1 Ghai Management award of $5,000.
- The most qualified Carrols LLC employee who is eligible and aligned to Carrols LLC receives up to One (1) Carrols LLC award of $5,000.
Do You Need to Work at Burger King to Apply?
The answer is No, you don’t need to work at burger king to apply for this scholarship. Though, there are some scholarships of burger king that is specifically for the employees. But not all of them are the same.
There is no need for you to be an employee at burger king. Apart from that, the $1000 and $50,000 scholarships are available to the eligible high school seniors. Plus, there are 2 different types of scholarship application that is available. They are as follows –
BURGER KING® General Track – This scholarship is available for the students who are studying in US accredited college or university and is for eligible high school senior students.
BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track – This scholarship is available to all the undergraduate and graduate who are studying at US accredited college or university and who are eligible and those graduate and undergraduates should be employees, spouses, or domestic partners of employees and dependent children of the employees.
It is an obvious thing if you are an employee of burger king then you would want to apply for this scholarship. You can also check some videos online of the employees who are hard working and how the scholarship committee wants to see them succeed in getting higher education.
Burger King Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Now let us look at the eligibility requirements of both the General Track and the employee-based track. The requirements are as follows –
BURGER KING® General Track Eligibility Requirements
For the general application track, you must have the following eligibility –
- You should be a resident of US, Canada or Puerto Rico.
- You should be graduating high school senior ( US and Puerto Rico), then you should be graduating 12 (Canada) or You should be graduating from home school education (US, Canada, & Puerto Rico)
- On a scale of 4.0 you should be having a cumulative high school grade of average 2.5 or higher.
- Planning to enroll in a full time class without any kind of breaks for the academic years 2 or 4 from accredited college or university in the US, Canada or Puerto Rico.
BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track Eligibility Requirements
For the employee-based track, you must have the following eligibility. They are as follows –
- Be a resident of US, Canada or Puerto Rico
- You should be an employee of burger king corporation or should be participating in burger king franchisee
- Or you should be a spouse or domestic partner (unless legally separated) of an employee of burger king corporation or franchise
- Or you should be a dependent child of an employee of burger king corporation or franchise (designated employer).
Some other ad-on qualifications are as follows –
- You should be graduating high school senior ( US and Puerto Rico), then you should be graduating 12 (Canada) or You should be graduating from home school education (US, Canada, & Puerto Rico) or have attained a GED, or should be present college undergraduate and graduate students in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada.
- On a scale of 4.0 you should have a cumulative grade point of average 2.5 or higher.
- Planning to enroll and study in the upcoming academic year at an accredited US, Canada or Puerto Rico -2/4 year college/university/vocational technical school
- On the designated employer payroll, the employee should be active for at least 6 months as of the scholarship application deadline date and should be employed with burger king when the awards are announced.
Domestic Partner Defined –
- You should be Employee’s sole Domestic Partner and intend to remain so indefinitely;
- Employee and Domestic Partner (you) reside together in the same principal residence and intend to reside together indefinitely
- Employee and Domestic Partner (you) are both at least eighteen (18) years old and mentally competent to consent to a contract
- Employee and Domestic Partner(you) are not related by blood in a close enough manner that would bar marriage under applicable law in effect where they reside
- Employee and Domestic Partner (you) are not legally married to anyone else and are not involved in any other Domestic Partnership.
Dependent children Defined –
- You should be a biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
(Part-time or full-time enrollment for employees and their spouse/domestic collaborate, whereas children of the employees should be enrolled full-time, without any kind of break for the full academic year.)
Additional Eligibility Requirements for the James W. McLamore WHOPPER® Scholarship
In this scholarship that is for $50,000, you can apply through general track or employee based track, but there are some extra requirements that you should fulfill. They are as follows –
- You should be a resident of the United States or Canada
- In US, Canada or Puerto Rico you should be a high school senior or at home school
- You should be applying as a fresher full-time to a 4 year accredited college or university that is located in the US or Canada. Plus, it is exempted from taxation u/s.501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- You should have a cumulative grade point average GPA of 3.3. that should be unweighted.
- You should have a minimum combined SAT score of 1220 or minimum ACT score of 25
- You should be an active leader in community service, athletics, or some similar co-curricular activity like student government, fraternal life, team sports etc.
- You should have the substantial work experience and financial need.
- You should not be an officer/director/ spouse/domestic partner/child of an officer or director of burger king McLamore Foundation.
How to Apply for a Burger King Scholarship
As long as you are able to meet the eligibility requirement, you can get the burger king scholarship. You will have to create an account to get access to the official application since burger king scholarship program is officially administered by scholarship America.
The application will need you to give the following documents –
- School and community activities list and work experience and involvement
- current (official or unofficial) transcript of grades (Unofficial or online transcripts must display your name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term the course was taken)
- You should also have a document of burger king employee information if your application is affiliated with an employee.
- You should also give your family’s financial information including the copy of the most latest tax form filed with IRS or Revenue Canada
You will get an e-mail acknowledgement from scholarship America once you have submitted your application. You can also watch the online videos of the applicants who took only 20 minutes to fill up the application and do the needful. Apart from this, you can check the online videos where you can watch application tutorial and know how the official application looks like.
Application Timeline for the Burger King Scholarships
Let us look at the timeline for the burger king scholarship and the pivotal dates like when the application opens, and when are the deadlines etc.
On 15th October, the application for the scholarship opens. December 15th the application date closes. Then, in the month of May, the scholarship America will tell the names of the winner of the burger king scholarship and will ask the selected candidates to furnish extra details. Then, in the month of August, the winners of the burger king shall get scholarship cheques through mail. It is important that the winners notify the college or university about the award and provide the scholarship cheques to the school as soon as possible.
You should always make an early application of the scholarship before December 15th . Why? Because if 50,000 applications are received before December 15, the application is no longer be available.
Tips to Increase Your Chances of Winning a Burger King Scholarship
To increase your chances of winning here is the tip that you should follow, which will help you to make a enhanced application that is winning and the committee might just select you –
Gather Your Application Materials in Advance
This is a different kind of scholarship and unlike other, it does not require recommendation letter or essays. So, still you should plan ahead and collect the materials that is needed to be submitted. Why? Because early bird catches the worm. If you are the first applicant then only you can have maximum chances of winning the application. So, be the first one.
Achieve a Solid Academic Record and Test Scores
The scholarship committee will make the decision to award you with scholarship based on your academic record. As already mentioned the minimum cumulative GPA is 2.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0. Plus, if you want to be selected for $50,000 James W. McLamore scholarship, then you should have a minimum 3.3 and minimum composite score of 25 on the ACT and 1220 on the SAT. So, you should study very hard. The higher the score the better the chances of getting selected.
Participate in Extracurricular Activities, Community Service and Work Experience
The scholarship committee also makes its decision of choosing a candidate based on their extra curricular activities, community service and work experience. If you are a highly competitive candidate then you should participate in all the three. But even if you are not able to participate in all the 3 make sure that you are consistent in participating in at least 2 of them. It will highly benefit your burger king scholarship application. Apart from that if you take part in these activities then it also becomes like an experience that you can share in your college application or personal statements, and scholarship essays!
Where to Find More Scholarships
One of the best and the easiest scholarship in which you can apply where there is less hassles in making an application. Plus, there are not much documentation work also, unlike in other scholarship. This scholarship is worth applying and it can also help to lower the education cost. There are other scholarship also that you can apply for. You can look for in buchananreform as it is one of the worlds best scholarship app, where you can find hundreds of thousands of dollars scholarship.
You can also check the blog and get other tips like how to win other scholarships like Coca-Cola Scholarship and various Full-Ride Scholarships.
There are many different types of scholarships that are available for the students. But one of the easiest scholarship application that you can apply for is the burger king scholarship. Unlike other scholarship in this scholarship you don’t have to write personal essays or submit any kind of recommendation letters etc. Only there are some documents that you should submit correctly. Plus, after winning this scholarship, you can use the money to pay off the tuition fee and other kinds of study material fees. This scholarship is very beneficial for employees, their partners and dependent children. Apart from that, follow the tips mentioned above for making a winning application.