In this era, we all love to know about staying informed and connected, and hence, we all need a feature-rich and efficient smart device that can help us to stay connected without investing a fortune. However, as these smart gadgets are very expensive, there are numerous people who cannot afford to buy a smart device on their own.
So, to help those in need, the government of America has launched many programs to offer smartphones and tablets to families with low incomes. Also, there are several non-government organizations that had already offered free government tablet and now is offering a tablet with free internet.
Hence, if you wish to offer an application for this program, you must know what things you need to do and what eligibility criteria you need to meet. So, let us discuss all details regarding how to get your tablet with free internet.
Benefits of tablet with free internet
There are several important benefits of tablet with free internet that you can enjoy by applying for this offer. Such as:
- With a tablet with free internet program, you can get a tablet with expandable storage through as microSD card slot.
- This tablet also comes with large battery support and also Dual-SIM support. This smart device also comes with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and even a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- With this offer, you can even get to use a tablet that has a large display and GPS support. This remarkable gadget comes with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 800X1280 pixels, and also a multitouch feature.
- With a tablet with a free internet tablet, students who lack access to online learning resources and also digital textbooks, along with more accessible internet can easily get a tablet with free internet through this program. So, with this program, those needy students can be able to improve their educational opportunities.
- This tablet with free internet program helps reduce the digital divide by making the internet and technology more accessible to those individuals who may not be able to afford it previously.
- This helpful program will enable individuals to remain connected with their family members and friends through social media and also video calls, mainly during times of isolation.
- With this beneficial program, people with low incomes can help people to gain access to telehealth services, which can eventually improve the overall health outcomes of those individuals.
- This helpful program allows individuals to look for suitable jobs and participate in programs like online job training, which will increase their chances of finding employment.
Comparison between free government tablet programs and a tablet with free internet programs
Both these options are a lot similar. The first program, called the free government tablet program, offers only a feature-rich and efficient tablet to families with low incomes. In contrast, the program known as a tablet with free internet offers a feature-rich tablet, along with a strong internet connection.
Eligibility criteria for a tablet with free internet
The eligibility criteria or qualifying requirements for the tablet with free internet programs are mentioned below:
- Your family got a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Your yearly family income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty standards.
- You have to be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- Any member of the family should take part in any assistance program that is qualified by Lifeline.
- You must be a citizen of the state where your selected ACP provider is active.
Documents required by the applicant for a tablet with free internet
There are some important documents required to become eligible for this tablet with a free internet program. Such as:
- Statements of benefits.
- Benefit award letter.
- School documentation.
- Benefits verification letter.
- Tribal or Federal notice letter showing participation in General Assistance.
- Current income statement from your employer.
- A Social Security statement of previously received benefits.
- A pension or retirement of benefits.
- Birth Certificate.
- A Workmen’s or Unemployment Compensation statement of benefits.
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits.
- Eligibility proof document.
- Salary slip or income proof.
- The past year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return.
- Student information or income proof.
- Eligibility proof document.
- Residence proof.
How to apply for tablet with free internet?
In order to begin with your application for the tablet with a free internet program, you have to follow some simple steps to confirm your eligibility and complete the application procedure. Those steps are:
First, you need to go to the official website and find out your eligibility for this specific program.
In the second step, you need to locate and click on the button showing “Apply Now” to access the official online application form of ACP.
Now, you have to fill in the given application form with all important and required information, making sure of accuracy and completeness.
Next, you must collect and attach all required supporting documents as mentioned in the application guidelines.
Lastly, after carefully reviewing your application and making sure that all information is accurate, you have to click the “Submit” button to send the application for review.
You can even apply through mail. The procedure is as follows:
- First, you must get a printed format of the application form for ACP. You may get the print from the link: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf
- Carefully fill all the necessary information required in the application form.
- Next, you must attach copies of all your important documentation.
- Lastly, you need to send the completed form to the support center of ACP, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
If you wish to apply directly from a provider, you must follow the steps as follows:
- First, you need to locate an ACP provider in your region that provides tablet with free internet. You may find and select a suitable provider by visiting https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers
- Select your state of residence.
- Search for the service provider that displays a ‘tick’ under “Offering Connected Devices,’
- Once you select a suitable provider, open its website to go through its ACP application form.
How can you get tablet with free internet through Medicaid?
The steps to get a tablet with free internet through Medicaid are:
- Firstly, you must apply for Medicaid by visiting the website of Healthcare Marketplace. After you become a beneficiary of Medicaid, you will be eligible to apply for a tablet with free internet through an ACP or Lifeline provider.
- Next, you must locate an ACP or Lifeline provider in your area that offers free tablets with Medicaid. However, before selecting one provider, you must confirm which providers are currently offering free tablets.
- After you have selected an ACP or Lifeline provider that provides free tablets in exchange for your participation in Medicaid, the next part is to go to their website and apply online. For this, you need to fill out an application form with your name, address, etc., and also providing proof that you qualify for ACP or Lifeline benefits as a Medicaid beneficiary.
- If your application is accepted, the ACP or Lifeline provider will send you a voucher that you can exchange for the tablet or the device. If you get a voucher, you will also get information regarding how and where to redeem it.
- After receiving your free device from the ACP or Lifeline provider, you must register it with them, choose an eligible plan and complete any other important paperwork before you start using the tablet with Medicaid.
All you need to know about Blu’s Free M8L Tablet Program
BLU’s Free M8L Tablet Program is an initiative led by the government that provides free M8L tablets to households with low incomes, especially students, to improved access to the necessary tech-based educational tools and also the internet.
BLU Products is an American mobile phone manufacturing company, headquartered in Miami, Florida.
The Blu M8L tablet is a stylish and sleek device that even has some impressive features, like 3GB of RAM, powerful octa-core processor, 32 GB of internal storage, and also 8 inch HD display that offers a vivid and clear viewing experience, and the amazing dual camera setup allows for stunning videos and photos.
So, this program of offering a tablet with free internet is a commendable effort to help people to enjoy access to technology that can help them to live a good life and prosper. Hence, to enjoy the facilities offered by this program, you must show all the required documents and fill the application form as soon as possible.
What are the restrictions for Blu’s M8L free tablet program?
The M8L Tablet Free Government is only for those families who have low incomes, especially participants or students of any qualifying government assistance program.
How long will it take to get my Blu’s M8L free tablet?
Receiving a M8L Tablet usually takes from 5 days to 14 days after submitting the application.
Can one household 2 Blu’s M8L free tablet?
No, each qualifying household gets only one M8L tablet from the government. Any other member from the same household will not be eligible to apply for this program.
Are there different schemes for government’s free tablet in different states?
There are several government-aided schemes in different states that are offering free tablets to eligible and qualifying applicants.