Best Government Phone Service : It is always nice when you get something for free, the free phone service can be very comforting as you do not have to pay a high amount of money to get a phone for yourself. Nowadays cell phones are mandatory as they help you to stay connected to the virtual world. There are a number of government phone services that genuinely offer better phones and services. The best thing is that there are no hidden fees. We have listed everything about Top 5 Government Phone Service from eligibility requirements to application procedure. There are also government phone services that offer a free phone. What are you waiting for ? Scroll down to know more about these government phone services.
List of Top 5 Government Phone Service
After researching we have found the top 5 government phone services. We have provided the list below:
T-Mobile is one of the best government phone services, it is a telecommunication company that offers wireless voice, text and data service all over the United States. However, it is the third largest wireless carrier in the United States and it is owned by a German Telecommunication Company. The best thing about T-Mobile is that you will be able to find different types of wireless plans that consist of both postpaid and prepaid.
You can make payment using cash or your debit card when you are opting for a prepaid plan. However, if you are going for a Postpaid plan then you need a credit check. They also offer the users with extra features like cloud storage, mobile hotspot and international calling. Apart from that T-Mobile also offers plans at affordable prices so that the low income families can easily stay connected. They also focus on their customer service to satisfy the customer. T-Mobile offers a program to the users known as Connect that provides free cell phone service to the low income individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. The company is highly reputed and therefore we are putting it under the top 5 government phone services in the United States.
Another best government phone service is Safelink Wireless, they provide free or discounted wireless services to the low income individuals. However, it is mandatory to meet their eligibility requirements to receive their services. You can find various plans and choose one according to your needs. The program is funded by the federal government. They offer unlimited talk, text and limited data plans to the users.
Life Wireless is another government phone service that offers free cell phone service to the eligible individuals. They offer services like free talk, free text and limited data plans. They also offer additional features to the users like call waiting, caller ID and free voicemail. This program is funded by the federal government and they have wide coverage all over the United States. To know more about them you can visit their website or call on 1-888-543-3620.
Q Link Wireless is a government wireless service provider that mainly offers free or discounted wireless services to the eligible users. The low income individuals or households can get free government cell phones from QLink Wireless. Apart from that they also run various plans of talk, text and data. So the user can choose the plans according to their requirements. You can apply for the Q Link Wireless service through their website or you can directly call on 1-800-723-3546.
Assurance Wireless is one of the best government funded programs that offers free or discounted wireless service to low income individuals or families. They have different types of plans on minutes, text and data. The user can choose the suitable plan as per the requirement. You can visit their website to apply for the program or you can also call on their contact number that is 1-888-880-2601.
There are also varieties of Lifeline Free Phones that will help you stay connected virtually. Apart from that you can also try getting the airtalk wireless free government phone by following a few steps.
Tips To Choose The Best Government Phone Service
When you are choosing a government phone service, then there are a number of factors you need to keep in mind before proceeding.
- First of all you need to see the data plans of the program and check out whether the plans are suitable for you.
- You also need to check out the extra features that are offered under the program that can be international calling, called ID, voicemail or text messaging.
- Compare the cost of the plans with other government phone service providers and choose the reasonable one.
- Check out the phone options that are offered under the program. Remember that different government phone service providers offer different types of phones. So, it is better for you to research all the government phone service providers.
- Check whether you meet the eligibility criteria as set by the program.
- Another thing you need to check is that the provider offers service in your area.
- Go through the reviews of other users, as it will help you to know about the quality of service provided by the provider.
- Check if the provider is reputed or not.
- Go through the customer service experience of other users.
So, you need to check out the mentioned points before choosing a government phone service provider.
Eligibility Requirement To Qualify For The Government Phone Service
To be eligible for the government phone service program, one has to meet the following criterias:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- Your income must be at or below 135 % of the federal poverty level.
- You must be a member of programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), TANF, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Tribal- Specific Programs, or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- You cannot have another Lifeline- Support Home Service as only one Lifeline Phone Service is allowed per household.
Application Procedure for The Best Free Government Phone Service
You need to follow a number of steps to apply for the best free government phone service.
- First of all you need to check whether you are eligible for the Lifeline program. You must have low income and already participate in any of the government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid or SSI.
- After that you are required to choose a lifeline provider in your state that will offer your free or discount phone services.
- Then you have to choose a data plan from that provider that fulfils your requirements.
- In the next step you need to fill out the Lifeline Program form that is provided by your provider. You need to submit your documents to check your eligibility.
- Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will be enrolled in the Lifeline Program and thus you will receive your free phone and service from the provider.
- Lastly you need to keep on renewing your enrollment to annually receive the free or discounted service from your provider.
So, now you have got all your answers about the Top 5 Government Phone Service in the United States. However, it is recommended for you to research all the 5 government phone service providers and select the one that fulfils all your requirements. However, remember to meet the eligibility requirements of the program or else your application will be immediately rejected by the provider. Keep a look at the reviews about the provider so that you will have a basic idea about the quality of service that is provided by the provider to other users. There are also many other programs that might be of great help to you.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions on the Top 5 Government Phone Service.
What does the Free Government Phone Service mean?
A free government cell phone service offers free or discounted cell phone plans to low income individuals. However, to qualify for the program the users need to meet the eligibility criteria as set by them. There are a number of government phone service providers that offer a free government phone service.
Are there any features in the Free Government Phones?
Yes, you can find a number of features in the free government phones that includes free monthly data in a few states, voice mail, caller ID, national coverage, 911 emergency service and much more.
What is the waiting time to get my application approved for Government Phone Service?
The approval procedure is quick, it can take up to 3 to 4 business days. However, in most of the cases if you meet the eligibility requirements, you are instantly approved by them.
What is the best free government phone service?
Assurance Wireless is the best free government phone service as it offers high discounts to the low income individuals and families. Apart from that they also offer various features like international calling, wide coverage area, unlimited text, unlimited call and caller ID.