We all need smartphones to make our lives easy and stay in track with the modern digital world. Though there are many attractive and feature-rich smartphones available in the market, Apple’s iPhones are becoming popular due to their interesting features, significant protection, and high-quality display. So, many people wish to have an iPhone during their lifetime, but most of them cannot get one due to the high cost of these smartphones.
Thus, the government of the United States has launched several government programs offering free iphones to help citizens who cannot afford these expensive smartphone. Previously the government has already launched programs to offer a free iPhone 8, and now it is offering a free government iPhone 12 to eligible candidates. So, if you are willing to get one, or know about how to get an iPhone 12 for free, you must know the details regarding what documents you need or what criteria you must have to apply for the free government iPhone 12 programs. Let us discuss the details below.
Benefits of free government iPhone 12
Technology has changed our lives to a great extent, and devices like Apple’s iPhone 12 have various types of benefits that you can enjoy, So, before knowing about is Apple giving away free iPhone 12, or not, let us discuss some benefits of iPhone 12, such as:
- The model iPhone 12 comes with an attractive design with an aluminum band. The sides of the smartphone are flat, and hence, it can fit within your palm easily.
- The use of OLED enables the display to reach the frame’s edge easily, whereas LCD necessitates larger bezels. The model also uses TrueDepth array for Face ID.
- The interesting camera of the iPhone 12 uses a tiered approach where each camera can stick out from a separate bump. This technique makes sure that the model’s cameras can remain high-quality without compromising the thickness of the model.
- The iPhone 12 is water resistance that has a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529. So, you can submerge your iPhone 12 up to 6 meters for almost 30 minutes. However, purposefully dunking your iPhone is not allowed.
- In the iPhone 12, there are two 12-megapixel rear cameras, one of them is ultra-wide and the other one is wide. The camera has an f/1.6 aperture, and hence, it can allow almost 27% more light for better low-light videos and photos.
- It has Smart HDR 3 that uses ML to adjust contrast, white balance, saturation, and also texture in every photo. Also, the model can shoot videos in HDR with attractive Dolby Vision grading.
- The selfie camera of the device has a portrait mode, along with depth control and advanced bokeh, and other significant features like 4K vido recording, Portrait Lighting with effects, next-generation smart HDR, and also 1080p HD video recording.
- With the free government iPhone 12 program, there is no need have to pay for the iPhone 12 and you can even get free plans from reliable service providers.
Comparison between free government iPhone 8 and free government iPhone 12
The government of USA runs several free iPhone programs. Most of these programs are similar as far as the methods of application, eligibility criteria, etc. are concerned. To find out the differences between them, we will have to look into some other intricate details of each program.
In order to compare free government iPhone 12 and free government iPhone 8 programs, we have to mention that three companies are offering free iPhones and for the free government iPhone 12 program there are three different companies offering the devices.
Who are eligible for free government iPhone 12 devices?
The most important step to get your free government iPhone 12 and also know the answer of your question can I get a free iPhone 12 or not, is to confirm your eligibility for its basic requirements. Some important eligibility criteria for the program are:
Eligibility criteria for the ACP or Affordable Connectivity Program
- You have to be about 18 years.
- Your household has to be an active participant in the Lifeline Program.
- Your household income per year must be equal to or even lower than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines in the state where you are living.
- A member of your family received a Pell Grant in the running year.
- Your family takes part in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- Your family gets the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program.
Eligibility criteria for the Lifeline program are as follows:
- Your family have to be a participant in at least one or more of the below-mentioned programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or FPHA.
- SNAP or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps.
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- SSI or Supplemental Security Income.
- Tribal Head Start.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or Tribal TANF.
- The annual income of your household has to be lower than or equal to 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines in the state you are residing.
Documents required by the applicant
After securing that you are eligible for the free government iPhone 12, and before knowing where can I get a free iPhone 12, you must submit a few essential documents, such as:
- You must submit a document with your name, the program you participate in, and also the issue date within the last 12 months.
- You must offer an official document that displays your household income, such as the following:
- Current income statement from your paycheck stubs or employer.
- Federal, State, or Tribal tax return.
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits.
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits.
- Child support award.
- Divorce decree.
So, don’t worry about how can I win a free iPhone 12, and just follow the things mentioned above to get your free iPhone 12.
- You should provide an official document that validates your identity, specifically your date of birth and name, to verify your age. For instance, you may submit the following:
- Birth Certificate.
- Government, military, state, or Tribal ID.
- Driver’s license.
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization.
- Government assistance program document.
- Green card or Permanent Resident Card.
How to apply for free government iPhone 12?
You must have a clear idea about the entire application procedure regarding free government iPhone 12. You can only the offer if you submit a perfect application. so the step-by-step application procedure of how to apply for free government iPhone 12 is as follows:
First, remember to ensure that you are eligible for the program by verifying your eligibility status. For this, you must check the nationality verified website. If you are eligible, then you can proceed with the application process. If not, then sign in.
Next, you must look for a free government iPhone 12 program service provider in your region. For this, you can use Google and find several service providers who are operating in your area. Create a list of providers, and choose one to utilize as the source of this program. Then, contact the free iPhone 12 service provider to claim your device.
Now, you need to go to the website of online application and fill in all required information in the application form. They can ask you for food stamp or some other paperwork to determine your eligibility.
Lastly, if your application is approved, your service provider will give information on any other procedures needed. After the completion of the process, your service provider will take care of your new device.
So, without wondering how to get a free iPhone 12, then just follow these steps carefully.
Free government iPhone 12 programs
Connect America Fund
This government program offers subsidies to telephone companies that are operating in rural areas. The Connect America Fund aims to make more service more cost-effective for low-income families.
National Lifeline Association
It is a non-profit organization that offers financial support to low-income households to aid pay for phone plans. It also provides a free government iPhone 12 phone program.
It is the Federal Communications Commission’s long-standing program that is aimed at offering all Americans with equal access to phone services. The aim of this program is to help low-income residents who can’t buy a cell phone or a phone plan. This program offers services to eligible candidate excellent wireless service for just $9.25 per month.
This program replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program of FCC. This program includes both phone plan and home internet equivalent to the Lifeline Assistance Program. This program can assist low income families to pay their phone and internet bills.
Companies offering free government iPhone 12
NewPhone Wireless is an ACP/Lifeline provider that offers monthly services with unlimited text, talk, and data, along with free government iPhone 12 devices in the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Alabama, Connecticut, Colorado, Hawaii, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Louisiana, Mississippi, Minnesota, Nevada, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Tennessee, Vermont, and Washington.
To apply, follow these steps:
- Visit newphone.com.
- Press “Apply Now.”
- When redirected to newphonewireless.com/apply, enter your ZIP code and press ‘Apply now.”
- If the company does not operate in your region but one of its affiliate companies does, the company will provide offer to redirect you to the website of the affiliate company, where you can start over.
- If the company does not operate in your area, you will be redirected to options regarding government assistance plans that are available in your region, like ACP, Lifeline plan, etc.
- The ‘Apply Now’ option is to be pressed after making your choice.
- Then you will reach the online application form of the company. Fill out the form by giving all household information, personal information, eligibility information, and also choosing a phone and a plan. At the end of each page, press ‘Continue’ and lastly, submit the application.
- If your application gets approved, you will get a notification via email and receive your free iPhone within a few days.
It is another service provider that offers free government iPhone 12 devices, and monthly free services with unlimited text, talk, data to eligible citizens of Alaska, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Colorado, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, and Washington.
To apply, you have to go to cintexwireless.com and follow the same procedure described for NewPhone Wireless.
It is another ACP/Lifeline provider that provides ACP, Lifeline, or combined plans (ACP and Lifeline) with free talk, data, text, along with a free government iPhone 12. The services of the company are available in the states of Kentucky, California, Ohio, New York, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.Its application procedure is same as mentioned earlier.
Moreover, there are companies like Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile that are offering free iPhone 12 to eligible applicants. Thus, you must not worry about can you get a free iPhone 12 from T-Mobile, or can you get a free iPhone 12 from Verizon. To get your free iPhone 12 from AT&T, you must follow the procedure of how to get a free iPhone 12 from AT&T.
Verizon Wireless is a popular company where can you get a free iPhone 12 from Verizon and enjoy their seamless services.
Some other options to get a free iPhone
In addition to receiving a free iPhone from a carrier or the government, you can also be able to get a free iPhone 12 by:
- Becoming a reviewer.
- Finding a promotional deal of a retailer.
- Becoming a free marketing agent.
- Taking part in an online survey.
- Opting for a used, refurbished, or second-hand device.
- Working for Apple.
So, free government iPhone 12 is a very beneficial program offered by the government of America to help eligible families with low income. With this helpful program, US citizen can receive a free iPhone and utilize the miracles of technology.
How long will it take to receive the free government iPhone 12 phone?
Getting a free government iPhone 12 Mini can require about 5 working days, or even a little more. If it takes much longer, you must contact your service providers to get the details.
Is there much difference between other smart phones and free government iPhone 12 phones?
Free government iPhone 12 smartphones are a lot better than other smartphones because of their improved privacy features and enhanced security systems. These devices offer remarkable security features like facial authentication or fingerprint that can protect your personal information.
What is the warranty period for free government iPhone 12 phones?
Under the beneficial free government iPhone 12 program many providers are providing free services, so no particular period of warranty has been mentioned. So, it is important to check the warranty period mentioned in the company website or service provider from whom you are getting the offer.
Is it possible to get free iPhone 12 from the government in the US?
Yes, with the beneficial free government iPhone 12 program, you can get a feature-rich iPhone 12, along with a good phone plan without any additional cost or charge.
Is it possible to get another government iPhone if I already have one from another provider?
No, it is not possible to get another free government iPhone if you already have one from another service provider because one person will get only one device for free.